IT

IT

Popular Posts

Sunday 27 October 2013

Real Time Information

Real Time Information

We were given the scenario that we were going to leave this evening to catch a plane to New York at 7PM that day at Heathrow Airport. We had to check various real-time information websites in order to make sure our journey was as stress-free as possible.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/london
                                                                       
 I used BBC travel news London, to prevent any accidents or delays on the A1 (M) and M25, so conveniently I can prevent traffic and know whether to leave early or not. Currently there is no traffic which affects the A1 (M) or it has been cleared up. The same with the M25 as nothing has occurred at junction 4, 5, 9 or 15.




http://www.heathrowairport.com/#flight
 I went on the Heathrow airport website, on the flight information so I can check whether my flight hasn’t been delayed and other important information that’s crucial. Also, I can check what terminal and flight number I’d need.
Then, I can go onto the flight provider’s website to check –in, preferably 24 hours before the flight in order to book seats.  This will make my journey as easy as possible so no problems will happen at the airport.



http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/world-forecasts/new-york-united-states-of-america#?tab=fiveDay





I checked on the Met Office website to see what the weather would be like before, during, and after my flight to be somewhat sure that no extreme weather conditions would delay my flight or cause problems such as: heavy rain, hurricanes, strong winds, and so on. At the moment, the weather for this evening in New York is very good with no gusts of high winds.



 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/us_and_canada


I went on the BBC news regarding the latest news on the USA, to be sure that no riots, protests, or other serious events are going to cause destruction for my flight. Currently in the news, it’s possible that the “Afghan Taliban plan to attack US consulate”. This could cause the security of America to be more in force and spark an attack as one attack has already occurred today. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment